Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Temple Of Demigod Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
 
  So Temple Of Demigod is a symphonic black metal with a lot of influences from various genres, I wanted to separate from Ghoulchapel (which is my other project along with my friend Ando), wanted to make more of an experimental  project, mix bunch of styles with symphonic black metal, you can also catch some deathcore influences in my earlier songs. This is the project where I can make whatever I want and not put myself within boundaries. It’s fast and aggressive symphonic black metal but yet calm and melodic at times. Symphonic part is mostly inspired by old classical music, I’m using different classical instruments besides standard synths.

2.How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?

    It’s eerie, dark, it’s raw but more modern sounding, if that makes sense. Exactly what I wanted to represent Lovecraft’s Art through it. But I really want to make my sound even more raw and dark in the further recordings…
Someone told me that he was listening to one of the songs in his headphones, and the sound made him feel like he was floating within dark tunnels covered with sticky slime with an ocean smell, I think he described it better than I can do.

3.Your lyrics cover a lot of Lovecraft themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this author?

   Lovecraft is one of my favorite authors ever! I’m also a big fan of Stephen King, but there’s nobody like Lovecraft, he is the most unique. I fell in love with his Cthulhu mythos, The Great Old Ones..I’m so obsessed with everything he created, that I start to believe in it. I love to think that Cthulhu is real, the Great Old Ones are real and actually are waiting for their time to come back. When I think of it this way and start actually believing, it scares me and inspires me to write about it.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Temple Of Demigod'?

   When I first decided to start this project, I picked the “anti-christian” lyrical theme for the first EP album, and the name was inspired by the lyrical theme, Temple Of Demigod represents a Satan as a Demigod, and the world is his Temple.
But now since I’ve decided to change lyrical themes totally, the name Temple Of Demigod is still suits. I thought about changing it to something different, but ended up keeping it as it is.

5.With this project you record everything by yourself, do you fell this gives you more room to be creative?

   Yes absolutely. Working with other musicians is still fun and all, helps you to create something interesting, but in my case, I work better and more creative when I’m on my own and nobody’s around me. It definitely gives me more room to be both productive and creative. It’s tough, I have to do everything by myself, starting with writing lyrics, ending with creating artwork, but it’s worth the time and effort.

6.How would you describe the metal scene in your home country of Armenia?

     It’s  kinda weak, but slowly growing, metal is not that popular in Armenia, there’s a few bands trying to keep metal alive in here, I’ll name a few, my good friends at Nairi, they play heavy metal mixed with Armenian folk music, pretty awesome band! There’s also a couple of great bands, such as Rahvira also a good friends of mine; Avarayr – nice atmospheric black; Sworn, unfortunately no longer a band; Arbor Mortis – also friends; Blood Covenant, the band of my brother, I played with them before. There’s still other new projects and bands, hopefully they can make it!
A lot of rock or alternative bands that are more popular. So I really hope someday metal is going to be one of the most common genres in Armenia!

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of symphonic black metal?

   It was and is pretty good! Most of people love it, and it gives me hope and desire to make more and better music.

8.What is going on with your other musical projects these days?

   I have a couple of other projects, recently I released a new long awaited album with Ghoulchapel, there’s also a new collab. project called Daemoon, along with my good friend Otto from Arbor Mortis. Hoping to release an album in the next year.
And last but not least, one of my older projects, originally called “Ao Eterno”, now renamed to “Beneath Her Skin”, I’m currently recording a lot of ideas for that one, it’s a atmospheric black/doom death metal, hoping to release the album next year as well. So stay tuned if that intrigues you. 

9.Where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?

    I don’t wanna say it’s official yet, but changing the genre of Temple Of Demigod’s next album is actually in my plans, I want to make more atmospheric, dark and raw stuff, less symphonies, more atmosphere, I want the listener to feel that Lovecraftian horror though my music even more.
Also, it’s not metal related, but I’d really love to make retro synthwave music in the near future! I just really love it, and always wanted to make something different from what I usually do.

10.What are some of the bands  or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

The bands that influenced and inspired me to record my own stuff are Carach Angren, Vesania, Dimmu Borgir, Crionics, Troll, The Wicked, The Vision Bleak, Emperor!
These bands helped me to learn a lot about music, also helped me to go though some shitty times! Also I get a lot of inspiration from video game soundtracks, the games like Medievil, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, they have such a dark and spooky soundtrack , I love it! Currently I’m listening to different artists , different genres, I really loved Ellede’s latest album, new albums by Annal Nathrakh, ColdWorld, Alcest, Testament, Clouds.
You need to know, that I’m open minded person , so I also love rap music, I listen to a lot of rap artists nowadays as as I listen to metal, the artists such as Logic, Twisted Insane, Hopsin, Tech N9ne, NWA, Wu Tang Clan, etc.

11.Does Occultism play any role in your music?

Yes I guess we can say that my music based on occult themes, it’s mystical, spiritualistic, paranormal. So yes, occultism does play a role in my music.

12.What are some of your non musical interests?

    Besides music, I’m a graphic designer, work under the name “Gravedealer Art”, Doing artworks and logos for bands, and all the graphic design stuff, I make a living off of it and I really love my job. I love playing video games, a lot. I’m a retro games collector.
So that’s really it!

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Stay awesome, praise Cthulhu, and everything’s gonna be good.
Thank you for this interview! It was a pleasure answering these questions.


TEMPLE OF DEMIGOD

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/templeofdemigod

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvX4QBoakTBpJs1vGPDuDw   

Pre-Order:
http://templeofdemigodus.bandcamp.com/album/the-great-old-ones

No comments:

Post a Comment